Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Konkan Getaway..

My Friend Piyush has this uncanny habit of asking the question "31st la kai karaicha?" meaning "What do we do on the 31st December this year? ", the catch is that he asks this question absolutely whenever it occurs to him. May it be March, April or May. As normal human beings, we simply shrug our shoulders and request him to wait till December.


But this year, we (meaning me and Sumeet) were already ready with the answer for the dreaded query fired by my dear Pu. The plan was to do something we dont generally do usually. To go on a weekend getaway to Konkan (read as Heaven). On some word of mouth publicity and some serious internet surfing, Tatya had come up with a plan as always. We were going to Diveagar.

Initially the expected number of people supposed to come was 8 and it was not a surprise that 4 of us actually did carry on with the plans.

The attendees : Me, Piyush, Tatya and ......wait wait wait....did i forget to mention? Yes tatya's better half was our fourth companion. Yes Radha Magrooorkar :)

Our Chauffeur Santosh a.k.a. Michael Shumacher in his spanking new Maybach offered to charge 5 rs 50 paise per KM to take us to the destination. We soon realized that we were going to get a 10 year old white coloured non A/C Tata Indica with that kind of money. I was disappointed (Then I realized that the Maybach was a figment of my imagination attributed to the party I attended last night :) All said and done...off we went....


First Stop Mulshi Lake -
I had been to this place earlier but this time the scene was absolutely fantastic. Of course my high quality camera also helped a lot in taking such breathtaking pictures.


We were already clicking photos after photos as the scenery around amazed us. Of course you know me and my love of being photographed :)


I think the pictures that ill upload here would be more interesting than the any article written about them. I would just mention a few points that need to be told.

These are some of the finest pics that have come out of my camera. A little credit can be give to the cameraman also of course. (My Photo was clicked by Pu and let me tell you my photography skills are surely brushing off on him too)


Guys I hope that it is not very obvious that we had hired Aalim Khan to do our hair. We all tried to be very natural and down to earth. That we really are. Down to earth still above you all :)...


Featured here are (L to R) Dr. Shekhar Deshpande, Me, Salma Hussain and Jack Davidson. What a multicultural combination...




Featured here - Piyush in a pensive mood, My penchant for sunsets and the last one reflecting my condition i.e. Water Water Everywhere, Not A Drop To Drink...


I really dont know what prompted them to behave like well groomed intellectuals in this particular pic. All i know is that the three people shown here are in a constant need of some psychological counselling ( guys that explains why I had gone there in the first place, after all they are my buddies and it is the least I could do for them..)

















Shown here are the pics from the Jungle we went to on our last day of the trip. The picture on the left is a pathway to a place where we were hoping we would spot a Panther (We actually found no signs of any living being in this jungle, but that is a different story...) The picture on the right is a macro photo of a red coloured Mushroom. I never thought before clicking this one that it would come out so vivid.










These photos are a true depiction of the serenity this place exudes. Even on the 31st of December, there were not many people and everything was absolutely calm and quiet..(Of course we can as well exclude Piyush from the list of quiet people.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mhane good photographer
tip1:-in the first foto on the right hand corner try and avoid such shrubs in the pic havin the whole lake or the feild withouth that shrub would have been a lot better...
sala chati seems like u guys had fun and my bro(piyu) is turning into a living johnny bravo....with his face and body growin with diffrent scales in all directions...he doesnt look isotropic anymore...
tatya maja keli re bawa tu tar ha...
tip2:-try taking personla pics from a distance s10 focuses objects from a distance really well i guess piyu knows what m talkin about..
nyways me and my great fotography can go to hell since this is the great chatyas page
who says he dared to be different and took a software job inspite of being an industrial engineer and a potentially successful MBA or Mech engg...this is what i call being diffrent is...diffrently follish sala chati........
lab u
i would love to go to diveagar and u are surely a wonderful photowala and a great writer chatulipi